What We Do To Assist Your Presence
1. Multi/Cross-Cultural Team Engagement moreless
- Are you observant of cultural differences? We offer you insights to connect people across their diverse backgrounds. Bring them together to realize your strategy.
2. Process Knowledge, Capabilities Evaluation moreless
parts of your current processes spend too much effort or cause runaway
expenses? We integrate your people's knowledge, capabilities, and ideas, in
order to put forward task improvements, simpler working methods, or even a
completely new design.
3. Social Network Analysis moreless
- Thought leaders, innovators, and caregivers, have the ears and the hearts of your community. We find them among your people to create growth opportunities, even strengthen togetherness.
4. Cross-functional Team, Task-Force, Focus-Group moreless
- Do you have access to fresh viewpoints or useful approaches for your programs? We can select a small team of your members across functions or disciplines. Their complementary work styles and capabilities, can bring about a functional solution or even a valuable user experience.
5. Case Studies, Complex Fault Identification moreless
can you learn from mistakes to identify their contributing factors? Projects
(past and current) offer many teachable moments and meaningful exchanges. We
unpack the experiences into lesson points (the details of personal stories,
decisions, setbacks, and the big picture). So your learning members can make
better decisions, overcome performance hurdles, and even design better
6. Team Experience, Personnel Recognition and Appreciation moreless
offer practical suggestions that will raise the morale of your team members in
their collaboration experience. Know how you can infuse recognition, appreciation
of their efforts, and other options that matter to their camaraderie. It is not
always about the financial incentives when they express their struggles or
7. Coaching (Team Leadership, Performance) moreless
do not leave the company, they walk away from bad leadership. We coach team
leaders to become aware of their own mindsets and tasks, to nurture their direct
reports' expertise, as well as to complement one another's social strengths. So
these leaders may enhance (rather than dictate) their team's work performance
in their area of business operations.